it has already been 2 weeks since i've been here.
man time flies.
nonetheless, it's been exciting times :)
first i want to share prayer requests in addendum to the ones posted last time!
- pastors: it is really tough to minister for them here, in light of resistance and seeming lack of fruit. please pray that they'd be strengthened, that they'd remember that GOD is with them and HE is the ONE that has called them to this ministry and that they'd be encouraged in knowing that although it is hard to perceive fruit, their work is truly GOD's work.
- kids and youth: one pastor reminded me that they are the future missionaries of this world! so please pray that they grow in the knowledge and love for GOD. that they would be instructed and built up by the church to be a light here in Colombia and abroad.
- adults: ah! hardened hearts. veiled hearts -> the stress of money. many families are suffering financially, that they would find comfort not in more money, but in GOD!
- colombia: this is a spiritually very hungry nation. many people have been telling me about christian "churches" that take offering and promise wealth (seed of faith). and through this scheme many "pastors" are becoming wealthy. therefore, many christian churches are being generalized with these "churches" and hurting their ministry. there is also a large presence of cults. please pray for more workers for the kingdom in this harvest and also for the people that are looking for spiritual freedom in these enslaving "churches". that HIS truth would free the people of colombia. (ahh! Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. matt 11:28)
- ideas for ministry: especially for young adults.
- unity IN CHRIST!: among the young adults, between the young adults and the adults, and within the church as a whole.
- that GOD would build up disciples within the KOREAN community.
- church: ah! the church is a beacon of light, truly. that GOD would empower these churches with HIS SPIRIT. that the truth, the gospel would be preached and that it would be sewn into their hearts. that GOD would use these churches to redeem HIS people and transformed lives. ("where two or three come together in my name, there am i with them - matt. 18:20)
- ministry in bosa: bosa is a neighborhood in the poorer area of the city. ah! i asked for prayer about this last time. AH! and GOD answered. i am really excited to be able to serve this neighborhood by teaching english to the kids. please pray that it would be used for the HIS purpose and the furthering of HIS kingdom. i have no idea what to do. ah! it's from 1/11 - 1/20
- bosa: the ministry of Carlos Cadena. that it would be God-centered and in-Spirit.
- more opportunities for one-on-ones and GT's (GOD talk :P)
- daily, continual, prayerful, humble, dependent, watchful, patient heart. look to HIM, behold HIM, abide in HIM all day.
- accountability and friendship. ah! i called albert and sheldon and AH! having a brother point you towards CHRIST is such a gift. brother in Bogota!
- and finally, join me in praying that even through this short time God alone would be glorified to the fullest in everything that will happen!
hm. so i decided to check out a English-speaking church by missionaries called United Church of Bogota (UCB). i went to their Thursday Fireside Fellowship and they were having a Christmas Party! GOD is good, we are truly ONE family under CHRIST.
we went to visit bosa.
and the dogs here are cool.
his owner died.
and the neighbors say
they can hear
the barking dog was barking at us from the rooftops.
thank goodness it didnt jump down to attack us.
have you guys played command and conquer: red alert? (#3 from vid)
bible study at OMC!
bible study was followed by a fierce pingpong duel. the pastor's family was victorious!
TAXIS are my main mode of tranportation
how can i pray for you!?
in great expectation for God's work in Colombia,
your brother in Christ.